Monday, November 13, 2006

Canadian Cowboy

Canadian Cowboy

"When I'm writing lyrics I always wear a cowboy hat, because I figure that you can never take yourself too seriously with a cowboy hat on."

I find this quotation from our favorite songwriter and drum guru Neil Elwood Peart to be hysterical. Good advice for the average joe rock star wannabe. The mental image got me thinking, "I wonder if there are any pictures?" Then I decided to make my own. Get along little dogie!




We should all wear cowboy hats more often.


We can rise and fall like empires
Flow in and out like the tide
Be vain and smart, humble and dumb
We can hit and miss like pride

We can circle around like hurricanes
Dance and dream like lovers
Attack the day like birds of prey
Or scavengers under cover
- Neil Peart

No comments: