Friday, February 02, 2007

Happy Groundhog Day!

Happy Groundhog Day!!

And what a happy day it is! Punxsutawney Phil warbled out of his warm, cozy hole with all the confidence and gusto necessary to face the new day. And afraid of his shadow, he was not! This means, my friends, that spring is most certainly on its way to an early arrival. This is only the 14th time since 1886 that Phil has predicted an early spring - a rare event which may not happen again in our lifetimes!

Of course, this news could not come at a better time. This cold is starting to hammer me down. I don't think I can take six more weeks. Here's to spring, and here's to our hero Punxsutawney Phil! Hip, hip, hooray!!




Routine was the theme...
He'd wake up, wash and pour himself

Into uniform
Something he hadn't imagined being...


As the merging traffic passed
He found himself staring

Down... at his own hands
Not remembering the change, not recalling the plan
Was it...?

He was okay
But wondering about wandering

Was it age?... By consequence?... or was he moved by
Sleight of hand?
- Pearl Jam

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Hurrah for Punxsutawney Phil and an early spring! That's the best news I've heard in a while. I don't know how much winter I can take either.