Monday, April 09, 2007

Playing With Colors

Playing With Colors

I'm still trying to decide on what color I want to accompany the new layout. I really like red, but feel its a bit polarizing (a word I'm using a lot of late it seems). Either people will like it or hate it. I had a khaki background over the weekend. I thought it was understated and neutral, but thought I might get bored with it. It also has a tendency to appear green sometimes. I don't want to do black or white, and every other color I've tried looks fruity. So right now it's a competition between "firebrick" (red) and "khaki 4". You're opinion is welcome, but is in no way guaranteed to affect the final decision.

Easter always encourages me to reconsider the significance of Christ's death and resurrection. The verse that kicked around in my head all day Sunday was Romans 4:25, which tells us that Christ was, "delivered up for our trespasses and raised for our justification." If we are united to Christ, we are united to his risen and glorified person, and not simply to a dead and condemned savior. In other words, God does not just punish Christ in our place and than accept us as we are. Rather, he deals with our sin through Christ's death, and then unites us to a risen Savior - alive, glorified, and righteous.

I was prepared to say more about it here, but I almost feel burnt out on the subject from hearing about it at three services (including one Thursday night). What a sad thing to be burnt out on the Gospel! Really though, this weekend was a good time to remember, reflect on, and respond to what Christ has accomplished, once and for all, for his people. I wish we truly did celebrate Christ's death and resurrection every Sunday, and every day for that matter, as we did yesterday. The chief offender will now attempt to remove the log from his eye...



O cross that liftest up my head
I dare not ask to fly from thee
I lay in dust life's glory dead
And from the ground there blossoms red
Life that shall endless be

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Red is my favorite color (I didn't see the khaki), but if you decide to stick with it you might want to consider changing the link color.

I like the redesign!

NattaScatta said...

i very much like this color.